(KDKZ-TV)June is National Safety Month. With the U.S. recently hit hard by tragedies from hurricanes to mass shootings, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2018’s Safest States in America.
In order to help families find the most secure places to settle down, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 48 key metrics. The data set ranges from assaults per capita to unemployment rate to total loss amounts from climate disasters per capita.
Safety in Missouri (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 47th – Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 42nd – Assaults per Capita
- 38th – Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 47th – Job Security
- 30th – Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 32nd – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 17th – Law-Enforcement Employees per Capita
- 26th – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 27th – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 29th – Share of Uninsured Population
© Dockins Broadcast Group. All rights reserved.