A Washington County man is facing several charges after a stand-off with police and making threats to kill others.

Matthew Boyster, of Richwoods, Missouri is charged with Class A felony assault in the first degree, domestic assault, resisting  arrest, two counts of armed criminal action, and three counts of unlawful use of a weapon.

According to a statement from the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, on January 12, 2020, a deputy was dispatched to a residence on Clear Creek Road south of Richwoods for a disturbance with shots fired. The reporting party stated that Boyster had fired several rounds in his direction after a heated argument.

It was also reported that, Boyster had threatened to kill a woman that he had a previous relationship with. According to her statement, Boyster reportedly said, “I’ll shoot you and burn your body.” During the argument, Boyster was reportedly holding a handgun, and the woman stated that he had threatened to kill his whole family.

Upon arrival at the scene, officers established a perimeter around the residence and Boyster was ordered to exit the home unarmed. After about an hour, Boyster opened a window and reportedly yelled, “The only way I’m coming out is suicide-by-cop. Get the [expletive] off my property before I take care of you, and I’m a good shot.”

The report states that Boyster then made several verbal threats to kill law enforcement if they tried to enter his residence. After another hour of negotiating with Boyster through the open window, he reportedly surrendered without further incident.

Boyster gave officers verbal consent to enter the residence to retrieve the firearms. Upon entering the residence, an officer observed that Boyster had a large amount of ammunition set out in multiple rooms. The officer further noted that the front door of the residence had been screwed shut and the rear door had been barricaded.

Officers retrieved six firearms from the residence and all six guns were fully loaded with rounds chambered, according to the statement.

The report states that Boyster did admit to firing the weapon in anger after the incident with the original reporting party but stated he did not fire the gun at him.

A member of the man’s family stated they had received a text message from Boyster during the incident. The message reportedly stated, “I’m taking them all out.”

Boyster was booked into the Washington County Jail and a cash-only bond of $150,000 was set.

The criminal complaint, filed on Jan. 13, states that Boyster is highly dangerous and is a threat to the victims, law enforcement, and the community. A review of Boyster’s criminal history and arrests revealed that he was held in custody for 96 hours last June for making suicidal threats and has been arrested for third-degree domestic assault in the past.

A bond reduction hearing in the case is scheduled for Tuesday, January 21, 2020. If bonded, Boyster must be fitted with a GPS device and cannot possess any type firearm or make contact with the any of the victims of the incidents.

Photo Credit: Washington County Sheriff’s Office